This plug-in allows FileMaker Pro to communicate with user, another FileMaker Pro, and other applications via TCP/IP. You can simply trigger scripts or evaluate calculations in remote FileMaker Pro clients, or seamlessly integrate FileMaker Pro with other TCP/IP capable applications, such as those created with Real Basic or Runtime Revolution. You can even also connect to and control your FileMaker Pro solution via Telnet!
24U SimpleTalk is also compatible with the new FileMaker 15 in 32bit architecture.
What is new in version 1.1:
- Runs natively on both PowerPC and Intel based Macs
- Works with FileMaker Pro 7.0, 8.0 and 8.5
- Opening/closing of a connection and data arrival can be handled separately
- Behaviour of default values improved
- Connection and server identifiers are now unique
- Handlers are not triggered unexpectedly during connection
- Data handler does not start before the previous data handler ends
- If client receives an empty line (just a terminator) all works correctly now
- Received data are not lost when the other side closes the connection
- Terminator in function STalk_Send can be overriden now
- Sending and receiving data now works as expected with all supported encodings
Version 1.1.1 fixes several issues with registration mechanism.
FileMaker Pro Compatibility:
- Act as server, waiting for a TCP/IP connection from a client app/computer
- Run a script on demand from the client app/computer
- Evaluate a calculation on demand from the client app/computer
- Perform custom commands/actions depending on received data
- Act as client - connect to a server, send commands, wait for responses
- Talk to another instance of itself via TCP/IP
- Let users connect via Telnet and run a script or evaluate a calc
- Power Macintosh G3 with Mac OS X 10.2.8, and FileMaker Pro 7.0v1
- 300 MHz Pentium PC with Microsoft Windows 2000, and FileMaker Pro 7.0v1
New version coming soon
Interested in this plug-in? Let us know...